Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do you feel most salons/stylists dislike long haired customers?

I have been going to alot of salons, i only found 1 stylist who loved my hair long and wanted me to keep it that way.





Most are quick with the sicissor and dying to cut all your hair, or have an attitude if u come every 5 or 7 months for a trim.





I think its because long haired customers dont get trims as often as short haired or medium length,, agree? so they dont make $$Do you feel most salons/stylists dislike long haired customers?
I've noticed that most 'male' stylists are gay and know that most men love long hair. So naturally they want all women to have that 'cute' short hairdo that men don't like. Need I say more?Do you feel most salons/stylists dislike long haired customers?
I have clients with long hair that only come twice per year and clients with long hair that come every 4 weeks, it all depends on the client. A hairdresser shouldn't have a bad attitude about how often you come.


If it's just a matter of them being scissor happy and wanting to cut your hair shorter, I'm not too surprised about that. With long hair, there's only two options you have with haircuts: layers or no layers. If you've mentioned that you'd like something fresh or different, that could be one of the reasons they try to get you to cut it (so you'll have more options).


Money-wise, if the hairdresser is established, he/she won't really be making money from their haircut customers, anyway. Color is where the money is! But, if it's a hairdresser that isn't really on their feet yet, or just doesn't have a lot of business, then they may be worried about the money, but I wouldn't think it's likely that they'd stress about you not getting your hair cut very often.
I don't dislike long haired customers unless they want a perm! jk Some stylists do get upset if you only come in a few times a year but the way the economy is, they had better get used to it. I have regulars who come every 3 weeks and some who only make it in twice a year. I'm flattered that they come to me no matter how often or not so often. You are right about the money aspect of it, most stylists work on a commission basis so the more people in their chair, the more money they get. Any good stylist will give you ideas to flatter your face but at the same time, try to accomodate your wishes.
I've started getting my friend to trim me, because I've become so fed up with stylists who insist that what I want, in terms of hair, is less important than what's in style. The last professional haircut I got, the stylist said, ';You'd be so pretty if you'd let me cut your hair.'; (The implication was clear that without the cut she wanted to give me, I wasn't pretty.) I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying, ';If you'd get your teeth worked on, so would you.';





I *love* my long hair and don't intend to follow fashion again in my life. This suits me.
That's how you tell the good stylists from the bad ones. A good stylists will work with you and your hair. If you treated a long-haired customer nice, they will come back to you when they want their hair cut short. The stylists that do not like customers with long hair because they want the money with out doing any of the work. And there are a lot of cool styles for long hair.
You know I have never thought of that! My hair stylist loves my hair long. Maybe they think you would look better with short hair, but then again you do have a pretty good theory. I would say find one hair stylist that does your hair the best and knows what they are doing. Don`t do walk ins I hear that you get crappy hair cuts. Get a person who does not have attitude also, you don`t want to see a b**chy person every however so often you go.


Hope that helped!


Good Luck!


--Kenzie--
I think you are right in feeling this way. Not only because you only come for a trim every now and again but also because they want to try the latest haircut. They can't do this with someone who wants to keep it long.
Well my hair stylist loooooooooooves my hair long.


soo i dont know

No comments:

Post a Comment