Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I admit it...im scared of hair stylists. can someone give me advice to make my visit to the hair salon better?

Okay so hair stylists really scare me.





i never know whats going on back there because its not like you have eyes in the back of your head so you don't know if they are cutting off 1 inch or 5 inches.





they are always so.....happy.





if anyone is a hair stylist can you give me advice on getting over my fear. i really like the guy who cuts my hair. he does a great job. for some reason i am not as scared of female stylists as i am of male stylists but the thing is...hes my friends dad and its so.....akward!





i want to bring in a pic of what i want but i would be embarressed and i dont know what i want!





ideas....?I admit it...im scared of hair stylists. can someone give me advice to make my visit to the hair salon better?
I'm scared of hair stylists too lol and i'm in school to be one! I'll try to not be so happy once I get out lol. I don't like people cutting my hair cause they really could be hacking off more than I want. They should point to where they will be cutting and ask if it's short enough before they start chopping away. I always ask. Taking a picture in is a really good way to get them to know exactly what you want, and a lot of people do it so don't be embarrassed! If you don't know what you want, then I don't suggest getting anything more than a trim or long layers when you go, just cause you don't know what you want so you probably wouldn't like a drastic change unless YOU wanted it. If the guy does a good job, stick with him! It's hard to find someone you can trust to do your hair. I wish you luck and hope you get over your hair stylist fear!I admit it...im scared of hair stylists. can someone give me advice to make my visit to the hair salon better?
he is professional


so dont worry





the best thing is to take a picture with you


tell him what you want


and ask him if he has any other pictures he would recomend for your hair type


don't be shy


if you dont like his idea.. then let him know


he honestly would rather make you happy then make you cry





and for goodness sake.. always go to someone you trust
I have this problem too. You shouldn't be intimidated by your stylist, especialy when choosing a style you want and settling for something different. Try setting up an appointment so you can sit and talk about your hair and what style you want. You both should be able to come to a decision of what you want. You can ask them what they're doing to your hair too, they're not gonna charge you extra for a tutorial. Just ask them if they could explain what they're doing and why because you want to know how to take care of and style your hair. You always want to know what you should and shouldn't do to your hair.





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment