Saturday, January 23, 2010

Are clippers at the salon sanitary? Stylists please help?

My stylist was done cutting my hair but trimmed it with the electric clippers and cut my neck a little yesterday. It didn't seem to bleed, so I thought it was okay, but there is a small scab there today. Do they sanitize those things? Do I have anything to worry about? Can I catch something? Hopefully I'm just being paranoid. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!Are clippers at the salon sanitary? Stylists please help?
I am not a hairdresser but surely these accidents are rare. When clippers are used for cutting hair and nothing untoward takes place, then I would say that they are most definitely not sanitised as a matter of routine. Same applies to scissors in all likelihood as I have never seen any evidence of scissors being sanitised. Old fashioned barbers were careful with regard to combs but I think that standards have slipped in many barber shops where they often do not even bother to sweep up the hair off the floor. Standards are better in some european countries where aprons are Still worn but when did you last see a barber wearing an overall? The new mens hair grooming parlours present a better and smarter image but prices are often ridiculously expensive.Are clippers at the salon sanitary? Stylists please help?
Yes they're clean and sanatized. The clippers at any salon have to be cleaned if there is any accident with the skin. Don't worry.
they are sanitized between every customer





no worries

No comments:

Post a Comment