Saturday, January 23, 2010

If you walked into a salon and were given this stylist what would u do?

I booked a haircut with a high class salon on park avenue in Manhattan, it cost $100. I havent cut my hair in awhile so I figure I will get a great stylist and splurge.


I walk in and a girl about 19 walks over to me, she looks like your typical hair washer, spanish, frizzy hair,,, she doesnt even tell me who she is, she tells me to sit in the chair, then i realize she is the stylist.. I totally freaked out, she also didnt know what layers meant. I got up and was going to walk out i was so upset. Then she tells me reception can give you another stylist, they did and she was professional.





Why do you think they gave me that girl? Im almost certain she was a hair washer and not an actual stylist.





i gave them a bad review on citysearch, even Supercuts doesnt have hair stylists like that.. She looked like she was from some ghetto salon.If you walked into a salon and were given this stylist what would u do?
Judgmental much?





I can understand you judging her after she didn't introduce herself and didn't know what layers were (I mean, what kind of stylist doesn't know what layers are?)...but really the descriptors ';typical hair washer, spanish, frizzy hair'; doesn't make you sound like the nicest person.





She may have been talented...but now you'll never know...If you walked into a salon and were given this stylist what would u do?
Hmmm, kinda sounds strange. I have a really good hair stylest that I go to and she charges only 36 dollars for a hair cut. She made it look really nice and I don't look like a guy! Yay! Honestly, I wouldn't judge a stylest based on their looks but if they don't know what layering means, then she shouldn't be working at a hair styling place because she should have learned that stuff in beauty school.
she might have been new. i doubt they purposely gave her to you. she needed to start somewhere and she could have been the best hair doer you ever had.
I like how you pointed out that she was ';Spanish.'; Because that wouldn't matter to me; I would think that persons of all nationalities could excel in their chosen fields.


But I would be very, very uneasy if her hair looked worse than what I wanted done with mine, and if she didn't even show minimum customer service of introducing herself. And I would have run screaming from the chair if she didn't know simple hairstyling terms.


I can't guess why someone like that would be working at a salon where a haircut cost $100.00. Maybe in a salon where a haircut cost $15.00. Or if she was cutting hair out of her house or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment