Saturday, January 23, 2010

Need help from salon owners, managers, people that deal with stylist.?

Here's my story first-I'll try to make it short and sweet. Went to a good local beauty school for my managing nail tech license (passed with scores in the high 90's) and am now enrolled, currently have 1000hrs, at a paul mitchell school. I went there because I thought it would be better, learn more techniques, more opportunities-WRONG! I am currently looking to transfer, I feel I am unprepared for the ';real world';! Nothing they said they would teach is happening, lots of talk no action, and WAY too crowded to actually teach and supervise us properly. I have done some amazing things not because my school gave me these opportunities but because I spend my free time emailing people all day-I'm a pm jr associate, worked on stage for sexy hair, worked with angus mitchell, place 3rd in designing the new pm school ad campagain, been in the pm newsletter, etc. My school teachers tell me I'm going nowhere in life??? Would you hire me if I went to a good local beauty school?Need help from salon owners, managers, people that deal with stylist.?
My mom is a cosmotologist and owns her own salon and she won't hire people that don't have a good couple of years of work experience in other salons. Even then she will check with the places they worked and find out how they are at working and check with their previous customers to see satisfaction levels. They then get a trial period before they can even have their own booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment