Saturday, January 23, 2010

Question for you salon stylists/workers...?

I dyed my hair myself a permanent auburn way back, probably a few months now, and the roots are starting to show, but i'm naturally dark brunette so it isn't that obvious. My question is, I want to dye my hair myself a semi-permanent chocolate brown, would it be okay to do this? Or would I need to bleach my whole hair and start from scratch? It was my first time with a permanent dye so I really have no idea... lol.. help please! :)Question for you salon stylists/workers...?
As long as you're not trying to go lighter than your current base color, there's no need to lift the color first (which is what you are referring to by ';bleach';). There's nothing wrong with adding brown on auburn, but chances are the color will not come out looking like the color on the box; instead, your hair will probably turn out brown with red undertones. If you want to completely eliminate the red, use a toner/red color corrector on your hair either before applying haircolor, or add one full packet to the dye mix before applying it to your hair. You can buy toner at your local beauty supply store for about $1 per packet.Question for you salon stylists/workers...?
Hi,





Well, I'm no expert but I don't think you have to bleach as you're not going lighter, or could just dye a few hair and see if it turns out OK first.





Hey, drop me a line at topothetown3@yahoo.co.uk if you'd like to chat about what I can do underwater. Wink wink nudge nudge lol
As long as the chocolate brown is darker than the auburn you dyed it, it will work fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment