Friday, January 22, 2010

Ladies, what is going through your mind when your stylist is doing your hair at the salon?

I want to do hair and I've always wondered what goes through clients' minds when they're quietly sitting in the chair for a few hours.





I think about


';Is my hair going to look right when she turns me around to see it?';


';is she cutting too much?';


';how much is this going to cost me today?';Ladies, what is going through your mind when your stylist is doing your hair at the salon?
I hate my hair, and its hard to do anything with it. I trust my hair dresser but every time she starts cutting it it always looks so stupid, and i start thinking ';crap..she's lost her touch, my hair is gonna look horrible when she's finished'; but I keep my mouth shut and she finishes cutting it and styles it for me and it always looks great. When I get over thinking that she's gonna wreck it, I start thinking Im gonna have sexy looking hair for one day, and about all the places I can go to show off my new do, because after i sleep on it, and wash it, Im not gonna take the time to make it look nice like she did, so my nice hair only lasts for one day.





But I only have time to think of those things when the conversation hits a low point, either because she's talking to someone else or concentrating on my hair. While we're talking I dont worry about my hair or what she's doing to it. I think thats a hair dressers secret. So if you wanna keep your clients mind off their hair until you're finished, keep them in interesting conversation. We always talk about what I've been up to since the last time I was in there, what my plans for the day are, my friends, family, etc.Ladies, what is going through your mind when your stylist is doing your hair at the salon?
Damn!!! This is going to look so HOT!!
I'm usually thinking about what she's talking about, or what I want to talk about next. I don't know about you, but my hairstylist and I never have a quiet moment.
I think ';does she/he know what they are doing?'; ';Am I going to like it?'; ';I hope they dont do what they want and not what I want?'; and ';I hope they doing cut too much!';.
I think about is she cutting it too short, or should I tell her to take off more, or will this look good or not.
Well I always found out how much it's going to be before I even get in the chair. I wonder if my hair is going to look like it does in the picture that I brought. Also to me it's very relaxing having my hair worked on. I usually just relax and let them do their work.
I have been going to the same hair salon for about 10 years..I am very picky when it comes to my hair...I can not do my hair on my own I have naturally curly hair so when I wash it at home it curls ,so when I go to them I have high expectations..so what I am thinking as the person is doing my hair is...the sh*t better looks good when I get home and unwrap it..Ialways leave the salon with my hair wrap in pins..and when I get home I let it loose to see how it looks..so far I am very pleased with the way they do my hair
hope for the best
I'm very impulsive and these thoughts are the usual:





';Oh, crap! How is this going to turn out?!'; - when I said something, the stylist comprehends another thing, and I want to retract back what I say but I don't feel comfortable doing so.





';Uhh, I think that's too short...'; - my ! inch is about a foot to the stylist!





Make sure that you gestulate what your client have just said.





Use your hands and point/show her how much you're cutting/trimming and if she wants a particular hairstlye (influenced by celebs), get them to bring a picture of that hairstyle or ply them with the many mags you have around!
i usually think:


';this won't turn out like i hope'; and


';god i wish we had something in common because this lame tip-generating attempt at conversation is making me sick';


';breathe, breathe, have patience';


i hardly ever go because i don't like it.
Am I making a mistake?...HAHA.But I have only not liked a haircut once.So I dont doubt as much anymore
I talk to the stylist, sometimes I get nervous and wonder if they are competent enough to cut my hair. There are some people who had to of got their licenses from a cracker jack box!!!!
i ALWAYS think that it'll look bad when it's done.. i hate it when it's done.. then i go home and start loving the haircut.. lol..
Uh, well, I'm not really one to get my hair cut a lot. I usually get it maybe twice a year. But here's what I usually think:





Why did she just make that horrified face? Did she screw it up? Yes I think she did because now she's cutting off much more than I told her too.


--or--


Is she layering? I told her NOT to freakin layer it! I hate it layered!


--or--


That lady doesn't need a perm, she needs a freakin pedicure!


--or-- (because I live in a small town)


there's that b***h that cut me off yesterday! I should give her a piece of my mind (about which time my hair stylist whacks me with the comb and tells me to hold still)
Well pretty is this a proffessional who know a lot and what if she cuts to shorts or if she keeps messing up over and over again what should i do
Ahh........that feels good. I never have time for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment