Saturday, January 23, 2010

I accidentally under-tipped the master stylist at a high-end salon, any advice on how to make amends?

A few days ago I got a hack job done on my hair at a low-end salon and after much arguing, they didn't want to fix it. After that, I ended up walking to a busy high-end salon down the block and asked if I could make an appointment with them to cut my hair. The master stylist overheard my story and offered to squeeze me in on her lunch break that same day and ended up charging me what the jr stylist would've charge. I was very ecstatic with the end result of my haircut but when it came time to paying the tip, I (embarrassingly and unintentionally) tipped her only $5!!! I was so high on how my haircut turned out, I didn't realize it until that night! After years of habitually tipping $5 at low-end salons, I can't believe I tipped that little on what should've been a $60 hair cut! I loved how she cut my hair and I want her to be my regular stylist from now on, but I think I may have insulted her. Any advice on how to fix this?I accidentally under-tipped the master stylist at a high-end salon, any advice on how to make amends?
gift card for coffee and a nice thank you noteI accidentally under-tipped the master stylist at a high-end salon, any advice on how to make amends?
Did you rebook for another cut in about 6 weeks? If not, call into the salon and book another haircut for 6 weeks... rebooking is just as good as a great tip (clientele is what keeps a stylist in business... plus it'll let her know that she did such a good job that she just got a new client.) Then tip her extra good when you go back.
go in there and drop some more money buy and just tell the people at the front desk to give it to whoever did your hair and write a sticky note with it and tell her you had to go to the atm
go back and explain yourself, she should understand. just emphasize hoe much you love your new hair and how grateful you are. if she isn't in leave a note in an envelope with extra money in it too.
Next time when you get your haircut tip her again =D but a better tip





She just met you so she won't take it offensively





Don't worry about it-- she is probably happy she fixed your woes LoL
just go back and tell her what you said here. that you were so excited about your hair cut, you didn't realize. then tip her, and thank her again
It's never too late to go back in and give her the rest of the tip. Also, again tell her the cut was perfect!
if you went back with a bit more of a tip and told her how much you now love your hair, she would be flattered, im sure. And then... maybe make an appointment for your next visit :)
Keep going back to her to get your hair done.. Gaining you as a regular client will make up for it.
Go back and pay her more. Simple, right?
Just go in a.s.a.p. and tell someone at the front desk to give the stylist the rest of the money. The sooner you go in the better...you don't want to go in and say ';Hey...I got my hair cut two weeks ago, I didn't tip enough';.


Just ask them to send your apologies and also ask them to tell the stylist that you were really pleased with how she cut your hair and that you'll definitely be returning.


Hope this helps :]
Write a nice, simple thank you note, place it in the envelope with the additional tip or maybe a gift card to a nearby coffee shop.


You could always explain in the note that you were alittle short on cash and wanted to leave a larger tip but were unable to at the time of the cut.


Take the card to the salon, with the stylists name on the envelope, ask the receptionist to pass it along or give it to the stylist yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment