Saturday, January 23, 2010

When you own a hair salon what do you provide for you hair stylists?

In turn for your stylists paying booth rent what do you supply? (example: things like shampoo and conditioner)When you own a hair salon what do you provide for you hair stylists?
I am not a hair stylist nor have I worked in a hair salon. But I've been getting my hair done regularly, at the same salon, for years. I've seen girls come and go. From what I've seen, the hair stylist isn't so much an 'employee' as he/she is a tenent. What does your landlord provide? A place to stay. In this case, hair stylists are provided work space but not much else. The work space includes use of the sink, hair dryer, chair, and actual work station. The hair stylist has his/her own supplies, including shampoo/conditioner and hair accessories (like rollers or pins),





I guess the benefit to working at a salon rather than working out of your house is that you give your client a professional image of yourself, that you take your craft seriously. Also, if the salon accepts walk ins, you can build your client base. If you're good, the walk in off the street will become your regular.When you own a hair salon what do you provide for you hair stylists?
shampoo, conditioner, color,perms,relaxers,peroxide,perm rods,cotton,ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment