Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can you sue Hair Salon in California for work performed by stylist who is an independent contractor ?

A salon in California charged me over $1,000 to attach a front lace unit. My head was shaved bald and the unit was attached, however, the unit that was attached was not 100% Human Hair which is what my receipt states I paid for. I immediately began having problems with the unit and within 3-weeks had to expend more money to have the unit replaced. The stylist is refusing to refund me my money and the Salon is alleging no liability because it said their stylists are independent contractors. Both the salon and the stylist have ';canceled'; license with the State Board.Can you sue Hair Salon in California for work performed by stylist who is an independent contractor ?
You can sue anyone for anything...winning your case and collecting damages is an entirely different issue.Can you sue Hair Salon in California for work performed by stylist who is an independent contractor ?
Whoa, did they even offer to fix it for free? If not, that's just bad business. Did the unit have any human hair in it? If you didn't ask them to fix the problem though, their is no way they could've done anything about it. They did do the work so they will charge you for that but they should've fixed it for no charge. If they refused to fix it you might have a case but I don't think you can sue them for not refunding any money. I would ask a lawyer, I don't know the technicalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment