Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it rude to change stylists within the same salon? What would you do?

The first stylist did not know what to do with my hair texture. She did not do what I told her to do, and I ended up leaving with a big afro. Then she met me in the parking lot on the way to the car and offered to have me come back the same day so she could try and do what I told her to do in the first place. This was not feasible because my toddler was antsy and exhausted and my husband and toddler was ready to go home. She gave me her personal number to call her back and make arrangements for another day. I called her back a few days later. She said she would call me right back, but she never did.





There was another stylist in there that was familiar with my hair texture. I think she might be able to help me more than the first stylist. Would it be rude to call the salon and make arrangements with her instead? What if the first stylist sees me in the other stylists chair and recognizes me? Wouldn't it be rude to do this?Is it rude to change stylists within the same salon? What would you do?
I know it seems like a big deal. But it really isn't. Just switch - you have no answering to do. YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER. Just be friendly to her next time you see her and if she asks why you switched you can tell her. It drives me crazy when people feel they have to own up to people to who are providing a service for THEIR hard earned money.Is it rude to change stylists within the same salon? What would you do?
this happened to me once. the one girl i went to really screwed up my hair color and so when i returned to get it fixed i chose a different stylist to do the color correct and when the one that screwed up my hair asked me why i didnt come back to her i just said that i was afraid she would totally fry my hair and i didnt feel like she was the right stylist for me anymore. i then started scheduling my appointments when she wasnt in the shop.
Under those circumstances, use another stylist in the SAME shop. If the first one says ANYTHING tell her, not so quietly that she never returned your phone call to fix the mess she'd made of your hair on the last visit. It is she that is wrong, not you.


Hopefully she'll keep her mouth shut and not say anything.
I've been in the same situation. I wasn't too impressed with what the first stylist did but I really liked what her co-worker did with other customers. I've been too scared to ask for the other stylist because the first stylist was really nice and I don't want to hurt her feelings. I wish I have an answer for you and you asked a great question.
I would go to a different salon. If you are not happy with the way your hair came out at that salon, then there not a good chance it would come out good with a different sylist since most salons have the stylists use the same techniques.





I would look for an upscale professional salon. Call and ask before going, and describe your hair type. see if they are experienced enough.





Usually you can find the better salons in the city.
Tell her that you would prefer the other one and say that you hope she will be fine with it. Being ';apologetic'; about it will assuage her uneasy feelings of being offended about you choosing the other one over her.
Nope! It's not rude to change stylist within same salon. Why? Because stylists aren't being paid just to serve you nor to serve selected customers only. They are being paid to accommodate whoever wants to avail of the salons services. If in case you tried changing one and your ';stylist'; reacted...';negatively';, thank God that you changed one since you just discovered that her/his values is not ok. Nevertheless, if you tried changing then your ';stylist'; accepted it with opne heart, that would mean she/he will strive better to improve his skills and would later try to strive more to enhance his craft for him to win you again! Changing stylist would serve as a test for them and for us to discover their inner values. Besides, we feel more confident with people whom we trust well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment