Saturday, January 23, 2010

I want to be a hair stylist but I have never worked in salon any suggestions?

I graduated from cosmetology school 3 years ago. I have my license but before I took my boards I got offered a job with good benefits that I couldn't resist and I was scared to do hair anyways. Now I am still a little scared but I know I can do this and I am willing to take classes the salons may offer. I have a real desire to do this I have wanted to since I was a little girl but my fear held me back now I am afraid it may be too late does anyone have any suggestions?I want to be a hair stylist but I have never worked in salon any suggestions?
if you do not want to jump into it completely, being an assistant would be a good start, you could get a feel for a salon atmosphere and you could watch the stylists and pick up on their skills, beauty school only prepares you for the state board test not the real world. going into the business slowly may help take some of your fear away.

No comments:

Post a Comment