Friday, January 22, 2010

Job Resume? For a stylist position at a salon.?

I have to write ';';A short, yet powerful statement of how I will be of value to their company';


%26amp; include ';the skill I have that relates to it, which can count as my qualifications'; and ';the company's needs and where there match my ability to deliver';





It's for a salon job, as a stylist. I would appreciate any thoughts, thank you.Job Resume? For a stylist position at a salon.?
As the author of the job search book ';Think Like an Interviewer: Your Job Hunting Guide to Success,'; think of that statement as being your answer to the interview question, ';Why should I hire you?'; And that's a question I discuss in my book because it's so important to employers today!





You should concentrate on your ability to keep up with the latest trends and styles. In this business, what's in-fashion one moment is out the next. So you must remain current in order to be successful!





In addition, you should focus on how well you're able to relate to your clients. Remember, this is a very people-oriented profession! And so, it's vital that you are able to develop strong and lasting relationships with your clients. That way, they'll come back to you again and again.





Plus, you'll probably run into clients who don't know exactly what they want. Or ones who seek your advice or opinion. For example, maybe I'm thinking of having my hair styled one way. You may feel that's not a good fit for me. So you make a better suggestion to help me out. Or maybe you'll encounter someone who's torn between two products. Now you have to advise as to which would be the best one.Job Resume? For a stylist position at a salon.?
A stylist position does fit under an art form, treat it with respect but remember you are providing a service. So...





Emphasis that you want to bring to the workplace current styles and trends. This will show that you want to provide to the company. If they ask you how, explain that you keep to date with current events. Many people are influenced by people who they see often such as actors.





Explain how the job is a service and how you want to please the clients. The client might not always be right, but you want to provide the best service that represents the turning style of the salon while pleasing the customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment