Saturday, January 23, 2010

New salon made hair too Dark. Going back to usual stylist, what can she do?

Long story short I have been coloring, then highlighting my hair for years so I have a lot of dye in my hair but have cut most of it off. For some reason whenever I get my hair dyed at the salon my hair after a month the dye will fade and go back to this orangey shade. I always go lighter usually a cinnamon color. My natural color is a very dark brown. The girl I go to is really good but last time she did my hair it faded within 3 weeks so I made the stupid decision of going to another salon my friend recommended me too. The girl did it horribly and the highlights look brassy, even though I just got my crown done and I asked for a chestnut base and the color came out almost black, even darker then my natural. I spoke with the owner who said all she could do was add more highlights and the base may lighten up with washing it. I actually would like my money refunded but what else can I do. I am going to go back to my usual girl on Saturday even though I feel bad I tried someone other then her in the first place lol. I want my hair back to one shade, the cinnamon color I usually have. If she dyes my hair over with my usual color over will it take? Should I just have her strip it out? I know something can be done and the other place just didn't want to or don't know what to do and are just unprofessional, plus I wouldn't trust them touching my hair again.New salon made hair too Dark. Going back to usual stylist, what can she do?
IT WILL LIGHTEN WITH SHAMPOOINGNew salon made hair too Dark. Going back to usual stylist, what can she do?
Unfortunately the salon in question is correct. If your hair was colored too dark the only thing that you can do is more highlights. Hair color will only lift (lighten) your natural hair, it can darken colored hair but not lighten. More highlights is pretty much your only option at this point. I assume by ';stripping'; your color that you're referring to a malibu treatment. This really isn't going to give you the results that you want. If I were you I'd go back to my regular colorist with my tail between my legs, admit it was a mistake and let her do the best she can to restore your desired color. Don't expect it to look the way you want it to after the first service. Whenever you're making a change it normally takes at least 3 processes to achieve your hair color goal. If your color lasts 3 weeks without fading, that's pretty good, most likely you just need to go to the salon %26amp; have your colorist freshen it up with the proper toner. This is usually a $12 service. General rule: highlight every 6-8 weeks, tone it every 3. Toner is a temporary color service designed to counteract brassiness (which is commonly mistaken for fading).


If you ever decide to change colorists you may want to ask her to explain the color wheel to you. If she can't do that then she doesn't understand the chemical process well enough to allow her to touch your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment