Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am a hair stylist that just switched salons a few months ago what is the best way to build up my clientele?

i have been doing hair for 3 years but a lot of that time i worked part time as a receptionist and the other doing hair. this past december my salon got new owners and changed the whole salon without a lot of notice. So i found a new salon job but wasnt able to get in touch with most of my clients. over the past 7 months i have been able to keep only 5-10 of my existing clients and have gained some at my new salon but i want to be busier. we have tried fliers, we even put our salon news on the pizza boxs at the pizza place near by. i just need some new ideas of how to get my name out there and really increase my business. i would love to hear what has worked for other people after they have started a stylist job at a new salon. thanks a lot





ps- i am 5 1/2 months pregnant so i am going to be taking off time in oct/nov/dec for the baby so i need to get clients fast and keep them while i am on maternity leaveI am a hair stylist that just switched salons a few months ago what is the best way to build up my clientele?
I'm not sure how much this will help (or if it will help), but have you considered having a blog? I find google's blogspot pretty easy to use.





I can see that a blog with hair tips, product reviews, and other related posts would be useful. Plus if you use keywords (tags) like hairstylist, specials, and you city name in your description, your link will turn up anytime someone uses a search engine to search for a hairstylist in your area.





Good luck.I am a hair stylist that just switched salons a few months ago what is the best way to build up my clientele?
Joy R is right on the money. Act like a professional! Not hanging on to your client list was a mistake - so work on planning ahead.. keep those client cards - it is all about making the customer feel special so that they do not want to go anywhere else. A good neck rub does wonders! I would not be much interested in switching to a stylist that may be leaving soon - so if your baby break is going to be short let your people know that you are not going to leave them hanging. Ask for referrals.
Encourage people to talk about themselves and make them feel interesting. Then put some notes on an index card after they leave so that next time they book you can look at it ahead of time and then ask them stuff like ';How did your sister's surprise birthday party go?'; or ';How was your vacation?'; or whatever.
  • stop pimples
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment